A blog written with SEO focused keyword can always drive great traffic and benefits for now and all the time. Generally bloggers forget or avoid to research on keywords while writing their posts and finally fails to get the desired number of visitors the posted article.
Whereas a well written blog creates a permanent content for your website, it becomes an absolute source of returning and new visitors for your website. Sometimes for a period of time certain keywords gets high demand and bidding goes high for such keywords. Now choosing keyword can benefit you in two ways.
First, if you are a blogger or a content writer, you can write your post using those keywords. Generally search engines forward some additional traffic on high bidding keywords i.e. on the topic and articles which concentrates on high bidding keyword. It is a hidden truth of generating high income for search engine; however there is not any malpractice in it. It purely works on logic and set algorithms.
Second, if you are publisher in addition to blogger then it is the SEO centric keyword based articles are going to benefit you in two folds i.e. traffic and earning.
Here are three steps for targeting proper keyword for your blog content:
Step 1: Identify Keyword and its Opportunities
Before you start targeting anything, first determine what keyword or phrases are likely to bring in additional traffic. Your research should base on your goals for the post.
If you are writing on a timely topic – Use Google Trends or Google Suggest to find keyword phrases. Traditional keyword tools can also be of some use here
The best way to find keywords that are relevant to your audience over the long term is by consulting your own analytic data. Specifically, look for keywords—and, more importantly, groups of related keywords—that are driving traffic and/or conversions, but for which you don’t already have a dedicated page. Don’t forget to decide one most suitable keyword describing best your blog. Use that keyword in Title of Blog and title tag, also use H1 or H2 header tag by putting secondary and followed sub heading to your blog.
Step 2: Narrow Down Your Topic
Don’t expect the result on very first page with your chosen keyword, but it is even not limited to. Just narrow your keyword and make some group of keyword using this main keyword. You’ll need to pick a narrower topic that will still appeal to a good number of readers. Use a keyword tool—and your best judgment—to determine a suitable phrase. You can add a video post on you topic using your central keyword , in video description you can use your group keywords as well to assure the traffic from video searches.
Step 3: Write and Optimize Your Post
Choosing a topic is always a hard part of blogging, once you decided what you want to write about, the actual writing is easy.
Here are some most useful tips when writing your keyword-targeted post:
- As mentioned above, don’t forget to use your keyword in the title tag. It’s a key signal for search engines.
- Even if you’re doing a video post, you’ll want some text on the page (in this case, the recipe). Use your keyword, and relevant variations on your keyword, in the text.
- Use the keyword in appropriate meta tags, such as the meta description and the file name and alt text of your images. Also use it in the title and description of your video.
- Use internal linking to your advantage. For example, if you have an index page of videos and another of dip recipes, add a link to the video from both, with optimized anchor text.
- Don’t forget to promote your post—on Twitter, Facebook, etc. This encourages external linking as well.
- Now, last but not least, targeting keywords with blog posts is rather easier than doing so with web pages, since you don’t have to worry about how they fit into your website architecture.
You can see the impact on your online promotion drive by just following above steps but keep patience !