Time of preparation : 50 Minutes
Serves : 3
• 500 Grams Firm Fleshy Fish Sliced And Cleaned
• Half Teaspoons Turmeric Powder
• 1 Large Onion Sliced
• 1 Teaspoons Cumin Seeds
• 1 Teaspoons Coriander Powder
• 1 Teaspoons Cinnamon Bits
• 4 Each Of Cloves And Cardamoms
• 1 Dry Red Chillies Deseeded And Broken
• 1 Teaspoons Garam Masala
• 2 Cups Long-Grain Rice, Preferably Basmati
• 4 Cups Water
• 2 Tablespoons Ghee/ Butter
• Salt To Taste
» Method of cooking
Rub the fish with some salt and the turmeric powder. Keep aside. Heat half the ghee / butter in a heavy-bottomed pan and saute the fish slices on each side till they are half-cooked. Remove from pan. Heat the remaining ghee / butter in the same pan and fry the onions on medium heat for about 4 minutes or till the onions are brown but not burnt.
Add the water and bring to boil. Add the cumin seeds, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, red chilli bits, coriander powder, rice and salt. Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes or till all the water has evaporated and the rice is cooked but firm.
In an oven-proof dish, arrange a layer of rice alternating with a layer of fish. Finish with a layer of rice and sprinkle garam masala on top. Cover and cook in a slow oven for about 15 minutes.
» Method of Serving
Serve hot with Yoghurt raita.