If your belly fat is due to water retention, dandelion herb can come to your rescue. Dandelion is a natural diuretic which increases your urine output. Dandelion will improve your liver’s functioning capacity. It will flush out retained water and toxins out of your body, especially from belly area which you know by the name of abdominal bloating. Combined with some fat reducing spices, dandelion tea not only tastes good but helps reduce belly fat which is due to water retention.
- Dandelion root (roasted)- 1 tbsp OR Dandelion root powder (roasted)- 1 tsp
- Fresh ginger (minced)- half inch piece
- Cardamom seeds- from 1 cardamom
- Cinnamon bark- half inch piece
- Mint leaves- 4-5
- Water- 1 and ½ cup
- Honey (optional)- 1-2 tsp as per taste
- Add all the ingredients except honey to water.
- Bring this water to a boil.
- Boil the water for 5-10 minutes
- Strain the tea and add honey to this if using.
- Mix well and have this delicious dandelion root tea.
- You may have 2-4 cups of this tea during the day.
Precaution: If you have blocked bile ducts or some issues related to gall bladder, avoid having dandelion tea. Consult your doctor before taking this tea.